Bridging the Worlds: Integrating Psycho-spiritual Shamanic Approaches into Contemporary Therapeutic Practice
November 6 @ 11:30 am - November 7 @ 6:30 pm
CPD online training course for therapeutic & counselling professionals hosted by Essential Therapy Training
This CPD training will be offered over two evenings and one Saturday. It is hosted by the Essential Therapy Training Institute. Please book via the Essential Therapy Training Institute
This comprehensive, experiential course, provides an overview over traditional and contemporary shamanic wisdom traditions and outlines briefly the psycho-spiritual personal and transpersonal teachings these traditions offer. The focus of this two-day training will be on teaching you some psycho-spiritual shamanic tools and approaches, adjusted to contemporary therapy, and how to integrate them into your practice.
- To present the shamanic view of the world and life as an interconnected, multi-layered energetic web and explore the definition of the human being within this web.
- To discuss the shamanic concept of ‘health’ defined as ‘wholeness’, and its implications for the traditional shaman’s psychospiritual healing approaches.
- To outline specific ancient psycho-spiritual approaches and tools that can be applied within the field of contemporary therapy.
- To teach and practice elemental shamanic approaches and tools, adjusted to contemporary therapeutic settings and the psyche of the modern client, that can be incorporated into your work with clients such as transpersonal helping forces, shamanic journeying as a therapeutic tool, ceremonial ways of integrating therapeutic outcomes and eco-therapeutic shamanism.
- To have gained an understanding of the world-view of ancient shamanic wisdom traditions and to have recognized the implications of defining the human being as consisting of spirit, soul and a manifested body/mind for shamanic treatment approaches.
- To have explored the difference between the contemporary and traditional definitions of ‘health and mental health’.
- To have obtained insight into some specific ways of ‘treating’ mental and emotional suffering within a context that sees health as wholeness and soul and spirit as paramount.
- To have acquired competence in applying some fundamental shamanic approaches and tools, adjusted to contemporary therapy, within a modern therapeutic setting with clients. These include: equipping the client with transpersonal helpers and guides, being competent in using adapted shamanic journeying as a therapeutic tool, using basic ceremonial ways for integration and eco-therapeutic tools derived from shamanic teachings.
The course is mainly based on one of the presenter’s published works:
Mackinnon., C. (2012) Shamanism and Spirituality in Therapeutic Practice Jessica Kingsley Publishers (singing Dragon Imprint), London & Philadelphia
6th November 2021 11.30pm – 6.30pm. (UK & USA)
7th November 2021 11.30pm – 6.30pm (UK & USA)
THE TRAINING CARRIES CPD HOURS FOR PROFESSIONALS
For further information and booking, please click into