Modern Medicine Woman Practitioner Training Course
Apr 22 @ 10:00 am - Jul 14 @ 5:00 pm£460.00 – £1,380.00
Are you called to step into the powerful role of a modern medicine woman?
This substantial, certificated and accredited practitioner training course invites you to become a Modern Medicine Woman, step into your authentic power and share your unique medicine with the world
In indigenous teachings, Medicine means the presence and power embodied in or demonstrated by a person. It is thought that the Great Spirit gives each person a medicine, a unique spiritual gift or talent, which they need to discover and enhance through learning the skills needed to practice it. Traditionally the medicine men and women are seen as Spiritual Healers and Spiritual Leaders, bringing their medicine to the world.
The Modern Medicine Woman is based on the powerful archetypal energies of the ancient medicine woman in her many aspects, such as the he Wild Woman, the Shamanka, the Witch, the Herbalist, the Healer, The Seer and Oracle, the Priestess, the Activist, the Creatrix, to name just a few, but she adjusts her Being and practices to our times, to what is needed now
Modules & Curriculum
During the five modules of your foundation training you will learn, develop, understand and practice fundamental skills, gifts and tools of the Medicine Woman and be able to apply them professionally as a practitioner as well as to your own development and personal life.
The modern medicine woman practitioner qualification will enable you to
- Answer your calling, understand your purpose and develop your unique style
- Begin to practice as a modern medicine woman
- Set-up a new practice and business
- Integrate the Medicine Woman skills into your already existing practice
- Work in a way that is aligned with the feminine and your specific medicine power
- Become part of a female support network and circle and access our resources
MODULE 1: Connect with your Inner Medicine Woman – 22nd April 2023 – interactive zoom day
The Ancient Medicine Woman has many aspects: the Wild Woman, the Shamanka, the Witch, the Herbalist, the Healer, the Priestess, the Activist, the Creatrix, to name just a few. Connecting to, trusting in and working with the specific aspect that resides deep within you will unleash your primal power, show you your unique path, and how to walk it.
- Teaching about Medicine and the Medicine Woman
- Connecting with your inner archetypal Medicine Woman & discover her medicine
- Connect with your ancestral medicine power
- Birth and embody your medicine energy
MODULE 2: The Basic Toolbox of a Modern Medicine Woman – 20th & 21st May 2023 – interactive zoom weekend
Module 2 introduces you to fundamental medicine woman’s skills, providing you with a starter kit and a set of basic tools so that you can move on to the intensive, residential practitioner module
Shamanic tools for the Modern Medicine Woman
- How to create an altar and work with it
- How to work with spirit – spirit calls & having spirit present
- How to create beneficial space and using the power of intent for your work
- Establishing spirit helpers: power animals & female guides
- Shamanic Journeying as a tooL
Energy tools for the Modern Medicine Woman
- Understanding and working with energy systems
- How to organise your energy body
- How to attune to a crystal
- Unleashing the energies of Herstory
MODULE 3: Stepping into your Medicine Woman Power – Practitioner Training
Residential Training Retreat: 18th June 2022 – 23rd June 2023 at the Earth Spirit Center, Glastonbury
Module 3 consists of a five-day intensive residential practitioner training retreat. It will take place at the beautiful Earth Spirit Center near Glastonbury – the perfect place for you to learn, embody and hone your medicine skills and develop into a Modern Medicine Woman practitioner.
During this week you will learn how to work in a feminine way that is in alignment with and attuned to your own innate archetypal medicine powers. The residential practitioner training will set you on the path to becoming an authentic Medicine Woman in your own right, whilst teaching you transferable skills to use in your work and life. It also offers safe space for profound personal growth on your heroic journey to self-actualisation.
The residential is divided into the following sub-modules
- Become activated and attuned to the Great Mother
- Learn how to activate others
- Become activated and attuned to the Shamanic Medicine Aspects of:
- Energy Healer, The Earth Woman, The Seer/Visionary, The Creatrix, The Ceremonialist, The Sacred Feminine Activist
Ceremony and Ritual
You will be taught how to create and facilitate ceremony, including
- seasonal ceremonies
- fire ceremony
- cacao ceremony
- ancestral ceremony
- ceremonies for women.
Working with Energies
You will learn basic energy healing techniques, including
- How to use diagnostic energy medicine tools
- How to reset and re-balance the nervous system
- How to use the drum for vibrational healing
- How to facilitate a healing session
Earth and Nature Medicine
- Explore the connection between woman, body and earth
- Learn how to connect with the feminine life force
- Learn how to converse with nature
- Learn how to connect with nature spirits
- Learn how to use basic ecotherapy techniques to heal yourself and others
Seeing and Creating
This sub-module will teach you basic tools of the Seer and the Creatrix
- Develop your intuition and psychic abilities
- Learn how to see with the inner and outer eyes
- Learn how to bring forth your creative power
Embodying & Integrating
Throughout the week we will use a variety of tools and means of integration and embodiment:
- Drums & Rhythm
- Embodiment exercises
MODULE 4: Being a practicing Medicine Woman
1st & 2nd July 2023 – Interactive zoom weekend
Module 4 Is about you as a ‘Medicine Woman of the Future. It consists of a weekend to gain clarity and focus on the direction of your medicine and how it can be practically gifted to the world. We will teach you the necessary skills to practice with a client or group such as taking a case history, creating a treatment plan and watching out for contra-indications. It will also provide you with guidance for the two case studies which you need to complete before receiving your practitioner certificate.
The interactive zoom day also gives us the opportunity to tie up loose ends, ask questions, deepen your understanding of practices which are new to you and form a mutual support circle.
- Envisage your medicine of the future
- Develop your Medicine Woman Self
- Case history template and how to use it
- How to create a treatment plan
- Case study template and how to use it
- Time for questions and / or further explanations and practices
- Forming support circles
Course Fees: Modern Medicine Women Practitioner Training
Early Bird Fees: £ 1380.00 – with accommodation at the residential (until 5th February 2023)
Early Bird Fees: £ 1240.00 – bring your own tent or van for the residential – includes all foods and teachings
Early Bird Fees: £ 1220.00 – without residential accommodation – includes all foods and teachings
Regular Fees: £ 1480.00
The fees for the course include
- Modern Medicine Women Practitioner qualification
- 5 days and one evening interactive zoom teachings
- 5 days and 5 nights intensive training retreat at the Earth Spirit Center, Glastonbury (includes all meals and shared accommodation)
- Comprehensive teaching material and zoom recordings
The early bird fees (£ 1380.00)
- £ 460.00 at booking until 15th February 2023 (includes a non-refundable deposit of £ 150.00)
- In case you need to cancel we refund course fees, minus the non-refundable deposit – until 4 weeks before the course starts (2nd March 2022).
- The remaining fees are due 4 weeks before the start of the course (25th March 2023).
- If you need to pay in instalments, please contact us
Regular fees (£ 1480.00):
- £ 460.00 at booking (includes a non-refundable deposit of £ 150.00)
- The remaining fees are due 4 weeks before the course commences or can be paid in pre-agreed instalments
If you would like to see images of previous Medicine woman courses click into Modern Medicine Woman training gallery
The course is accredited by
Covid requirements and refund policy:
As a training provider we have to comply with Covid laws and requirements.
- We will refund the fees you have paid in case we need to cancel the course.
- If Covid laws change and we need to adapt with various measures – such as teaching a module online or changing dates or location – we cannot refund your fees as these requirements are not under our control.
- Please read our ‘terms and conditions’ for cancellation policy