Zoom Course: You Can Write A Book & Become a Published Author
21st October 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 30th January 2021 @ 6:00 pm£95.00 – £115.00
You Can Write A Book & Become a Published Author
Would you like to write a book and be a published author?
Are you already in the process of writing a book, but feel stuck or lost your confidence and drive?
Are you keeping a journal or have accumulated material, which lends itself to be turned into a book?
IF THE ANSWER IS ‘YES’ – THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU AND NOW IS THE TIME
THIS UNIQUE COURSE IS DESIGNED FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO WRITE
- A book based on their work or profession
- A self-help or self-development book
- A book about a subject they know through practice, research and experience
After the very encouraging feedback from the previous course, I am offering this unique course again. It is based on my experience as an author of four varied books, three of them published by publishers and one self-published. It is also based on successfully facilitating workshops, courses and zoom coaching for aspiring authors. The course is intense, guiding you through a process that will provide you with a clear book outline – content and structure – and a book proposal and chapter ready to send to publishers or to use a base format for self-publishing. It consists of four zoom modules, course notes and homework in the form of writing and structuring between sessions. Besides of the course content and assistance during your writing process, it will provide you with the support of ‘writing buddies’ who are working on similar projects
THE COURSE CONSISTS OF 5 MODULES, WHERE WE WILL WORK TOGETHER ON ZOOM, AND WRITING ASSIGNMENTS BETWEEN THE MEETINGS.
Recordings of all teaching sessions will be available to participants. Assignment sheets will be provided.
Module 1: Writing to become a published author & getting started
- The difference between writing for yourself and writing to be published.
- Things you need to know right from the start
- Your motivation is key – exercise to explore your motivation
- How to sustain the writing process – staying motivated, creative, productive and overcome obstacles
- Being Creative – exercise to connect with creative part, your ‘writing-self’ and anchor it
- How to define your subject & core message
- How to bring your message across: style, format, mixture
- Assignment / Homework: create a working title, define your subject, describe your unique angle and message, define your audience.
Module 2: What’s is your book about & how to write, edit and sustain the process
The first part of this zoom session will focus on the outcome of your homework / assignment from your first zoom session. We will work in pairs in zoom rooms. You will introduce and discuss your book with your partner, such as your working title, your subject, your unique angle and message, which style you will use and what you know about your envisaged audience.
I will be present in each room to answer questions and provide individual help.
The second part of this session will focus on the structure of your book, the rhythm of your writing and on editing
- How to structure your fist book: the importance of parts, chapters, headings and format
- Exercise: Creating headings publishers love
- How to get the job done: passion, motivation and writing rhythms
- How to handle procrastination, distractions and self-sabotaging behaviours
- The flowing writer: essential tips for ‘letting your writing flow’
- The tough editor: essential tips for ‘thorough and tough editing’
- Assignment / homework: Write and edit a short chapter of your book
Module 3: How to improve your writing & all you need to know about publishing
This session will provide a space to discuss the chapter you wrote and address questions, challenges and ideas. This will take place in pairs and also in the group with myself.
Teaching: All about publishing
- Intro and overview: proposing to publishers or self-publishing?
- Agents & publishers
- Publishers: about remits and sales
- What matters: expertise, credentials, relevant subjects, interesting subjects, specific angles, endorsements and more
- The importance of cultivating platforms: Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter, Blocks
- How to write a book proposal for publishers or agents
- How to write a brief bio for publisher
- Assignment/ Homework: Write a 400 word proposal and a brief bio for publisher
Module 4: Writing / Editing / Questions – Bringing it all together
Discussion about your proposal and Bio.
This module will is designed for you to have your questions answered, discuss content, structure and writing and editing issues. I will ask you to send me your questions beforehand.
I will include more teaching, based on the development of the group and on the questions, and also exercises that will assist you to sustain your writing process.
Teaching might also include the first steps of pre-marketing
Module 5: Follow up – check-in for assistance with your writing process
The follow-up zoom session is for you to ‘check-in’ and get the assistance you need with your writing or publishing process.
We will also look into ‘pre-publishing marketing’ and other issues should that be required.
Dates and times:
Module 1 Zoom 21st October 2020 6pm – 8.00pm
Module 2 Zoom 4th November 2020 6pm – 8.00pm
Module 3 Zoom 25th November 2020 6pm – 8.00pm
Module 4 Zoom 16th December 2020 6pm – 8.00pm
Module 5 Zoom follow-up in January – date to be discussed with group
Early Bird until 15th September 2020 £ 95.00
Full Fees until 21st October 2020 105.00
course fees are only refundable if the course is cancelled.
You will receive zoom links and further information with your booking. All zoom sessions will be recorded in case you are unable to attend.