The Modern Medicine Woman Practitioner Course
12th October 2019 @ 10:00 am - 31st July 2021 @ 5:00 pm£220.00 – £420.00
Are you called to step into the powerful role of a modern medicine woman?
This substantial, certificated practitioner training course invites you to become a Modern Medicine Woman, step into your authentic power and share your unique medicine with the world
In indigenous teachings, Medicine means the presence and power embodied in or demonstrated by a person. It is thought that the Great Spirit gives each person a medicine, a unique spiritual gift or talent, which they need to discover and enhance through learning the skills needed to practice it. Traditionally the medicine men and women are seen as Spiritual Healers and Spiritual Leaders, bringing their medicine to the world.
The Modern Medicine Woman is based on the powerful archetypal energies of the ancient medicine woman in her many aspects, such as the he Wild Woman, the Shamanka, the Witch, the Herbalist, the Healer, The Seer and Oracle, the Priestess, the Activist, the Creatrix, to name just a few, but she adjusts her Being and practices to our times, to what is needed now.
During the five modules and five online sessions of your foundation training you will learn, develop, understand and practice fundamental skills, gifts and tools of the Medicine Woman and be able to apply them professionally as well as to your own development and personal life.
The modern medicine woman practitioner qualification will enable you to
- Answer your calling, understand your purpose and develop your unique style
- Begin to practice as a modern medicine woman
- Set-up a new practice and business
- Integrate the Medicine Woman skills into your already existing practice
- Work in a way that is aligned with the feminine and your specific medicine power
- Become part of a female support network and circle and access our resources
Module 1: Discover & Empower the Medicine Woman Within
Weekend course 12th & 13th October 2019, West Town Farm, Ide, Exeter EX2 9TG
During this introductory weekend, you will connect to your inner medicine woman, an archetypal energy of your deeper self, who calls you to grow into your power, claim your gifts and learn how to use them.
Once you have connected with her she will support you to:
- Remember your deeper calling
- Activate and develop your specific gift
- Accept the challenge to reclaim your fierce/earth/womb power
- Intuit and embody your ancient wisdom
- Share your medicine with the world
Module 1 comprises of:
- Introductory training weekend (October 12th & 13th 2019)
- Online session: you will be invited to join Vanessa & Christa for an online session (November 2019 – date to be confirmed)
(This module can also be taken as a ‘stand-alone’ workshop. please click into: Medicine Woman workshop
Module 2: Medicine Woman Toolbox: Working with the power of Energy
Weekend course: 30th November & 1st December 2019, Alibi Theatre, Emmanuel Hall, Emmanuel Rd, Exeter EX4 1EJ
Module 2 introduces you to fundamental medicine woman’s energy skill, providing you with a starter kit and a set of basic tools so that you can move on to the practitioner modules.
Module 2 Curriculum
- Understanding and working with energy systems
- Understanding and using the power of intent
- Accessing the feminine Creative Force
- Unleashing the energy of Herstory
Module 2 comprises of:
- One weekend skill development training.
- Online session: You will be invited to join Vanessa for an online session (December 2019 – date to be confirmed).
Module 3: Medicine Woman Toolbox: Working with the tools of the Shamaness
Weekend Course: 8th & 9th February 2020, West Town Farm, Ide, Exeter EX2 9TG
Module 3 introduces you to some fundamental shamanic tools, providing you with a starter-kit and a set of basic tools so that you can move on to the practitioner modules.
Module 3 Curriculum
- Connecting with the medicine of the sacred earth feminine
- Female guides, goddesses and grandmothers
- Shamanic journeying as a tool
- Understanding feminine ceremonial practice
Module 3 comprises of:
- One weekend skill development training
- Online session: You will be invited to join Christa for an online session (February 2020 – date to be confirmed)
Module 4: Stepping into your Medicine Woman Power
Residential Training Retreat: May 15th-22nd 2020, Portugal
Module 4 consists of a six day intensive residential training retreat. It will take place in the beautiful and wild Algarve area of Portugal – the perfect place for you to enhance and embody your medicine woman skills and realise your full power as a practitioner.
Module 4 Curriculum
During this week you will learn how to work in a feminine way that is in alignment with the power of your inner archetypal medicine women, and get attuned to the following specific aspects and skills of the medicine woman:
- The Energy Healer
- The Wild Earth Woman
- The Seer/Visionary
- The Creatrix
- The Ceremonialist
- The Sacred Feminine Activist
After the alignment and attuning process we will focus on teaching you fundamental skill sets of a modern shamaness, which you can use in your Medicine Woman practice and / or integrate into your existing work and life.
The residential training week will set you on the path to becoming an authentic Medicine Woman in your own right, aligning and attuning you to your own innate powers, whilst teaching you transferable skills to use in your work and life. It also offers safe space for profound personal growth on your heroic journey to self-actualisation.
Module 4a: Practicing and Embedding your Skills
Case studies and Online sessions, June 2020
Module 5 Curriculum
Module 5 consists of a download template for you to record two case studies, either with individual clients or a group. You will be asked to discuss your findings and experiences in two online group support sessions, during which you will have the undivided attention and the expertise of the course facilitators. These online sessions also offer you the opportunity to share your experiences, ask questions and receive support for your practice and development as a Modern Medicine Woman.
Course Fees: Modern Medicine Women Practitioner Training
Very Early Bird fees: £ 1540 (SOLD OUT)
Early Bird Fees: £ 1680 (until 8th September 2019)
Regular fees: £1850 (until 11th October 2019)
The fees for the course include:
- Modern Medicine Women Practitioner qualification
- 3 teaching weekends (non-residential)
- 7 days residential intensive training retreat in the Algarve in Portugal – 6 days training and shared accommodation for 7 nights, all food and teaching material (flight to Faro and transport to the Monte Mariposa Centre not included)
- 5 online teaching sessions
Single accommodation in Portugal is limited. Single Supplement on the residential training retreat: £300
All fees can be paid in four installments.
The very early bird fees:
- £ 385.00 at booking
- £ 385.00 30th November 2019
- £ 385.00 29th February 2020
- £ 385.00 30th April 2020
The early bird fees:
- £ 420.00 at booking
- £ 420.00 30th November 2019
- £ 420.00 29th February 2020
- £ 420.00 30th April 2020
A non-refundable deposit of £ 150 is included in the first installment.
Course fees are non-refundable once the course has started, unless the course is cancelled by the training providers.
Instalments are due before each module
In accordance with training provider guidelines, course fees are also non-refundable should training providers need to move teaching online, or change dates or locations in accordance with Covid rules or circumstances (added June 2020)
For full terms and conditions see womenweavingchange.com
Please book early. Places are limited
The course will be facilitated by: Christa Mackinnon & Vanessa Tucker from Women Weaving Change